Mechanical Engineer (MPS)
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (“MCI”) is a Japanese-based producer of petrochemicals, polymers, industrial chemicals, fine chemicals and engineering materials. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, MCI has a paid up capital of 125 billion yen and 12,782 employees worldwide, and it is one of the largest chemical companies in Japan.
Mitsui Chemicals Asia Pacific, Ltd is one the four regional head quarters of MCI, which is taking charge of the vast region of Southeast Asia, Oceania, South Asia and Middle East. Beside the sales and marketing of the MCI group products in the region, MCAP as the regional headquarter is rendering various administrative supports to all of the 20 MCI business affiliates in the region including Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and India.
In addition, MCI operates world-class elastomers, phenol and bisphenol-A complexes on Jurong Island under Mitsui Elastomers Singapore Pte Ltd and Mitsui Phenols Singapore Pte Ltd. MCI also has Research and Development interests in Singapore where it housed its first overseas R&D centre under Mitsui Chemicals Singapore R&D Centre Pte Ltd. Singapore is one of MCI’s key manufacturing base outside Japan, where it has further expanded its presence with the establishment of two new sales offices/manufacturing plants under SDC Technologies Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and Prime Evolue Singapore Pte Ltd.
For more information about Mitsui Chemicals, please visit http://ap.mitsuichem.com/
- Analyze, troubleshoot & solve plant equipment problem and formulate countermeasures to prevent recurrence
- Manage contractors to ensure equipment inspection and repair are carried out as planned
- Develop and implement Plant Maintenance Plan/Program
- Develop work procedure for improvement of Equipment Maintenance Work
- Ensure smooth and timely execution of all shutdown maintenance activities
- Ensure all maintenance activities comply with the Company HSE rules
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably 3 years of experience in machinery repair and equipment maintenance work in oil or petrochemical industry
- Experience in handling static or rotating equipment from chemical-related industry
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering standard code of practice
- Demonstrated ability to manage contractors independently and effectively
- Diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering with more than 5 years of equipment maintenance experience may be considered